Through its long term exchange programme ICDE-India reaches out to young people who wish to widen their horizons in a crucial period of there lives, when critical choices are made about one’s own future.
ICDE- INDIA offers young people worldwide an experience-based international learning programme. The emphasis of this experience is on promoting international voluntary services as meaningful alternative to addressing social and educational social and cultural differences, their self-confidence and problem solving abilities.
Anybody aged 18-27 is eligible to participate in the programme.
No prior experience is required of participants. Just energy, enthusiasm, and motivation to face the challenge of being confronted with some thing new, as well as to learn more about themselves and the world the live in.
For ICDE-INDIA it is very important that during the exchange programme participants are cared for as individual who have personal needs, hopes and fears that are unique, that they are supported in becoming involved in voluntary service and other educational activities, and they make adjustment to, and share the lifestyle of their host family and community, while they activate participate in programme events.
ICDE National committees with world wide network of co-workers carefully select, prepare and match programme participants, host families and projects. Initial and on-going personal support is provided to all volunteers. These include;
- Pre-departure inter cultural introductory courses.
- An orientation and language course upon arrival in the host Country.
- On going counseling to volunteers from their respective hosts and project staff
- Mid term Evaluation and final evaluation conference.
Voluntary work placements are provided in
- Community Development Projects,
- Working with Children, Youth, Elderly
- Drug Rehabilitation Centre
- Women Development Projects
- Environmental protection and Education
- Health care centre
ICDE program encourages participants to learn Indian Dance, Music, Yoga, Meditations, Languages, etc…..